NeoStreak

NeoStreak True V2

NormalGraham

NormalGraham

NormalGraham submitted a new addon:

NeoStreak - Too fast for the naked eye

NeoStreak is the follow-up to Blue Streak, an all-purpose synthesis of Neo Sonic, Modern Sonic, and Frontier Sonic. The stomp is perfect for crowd control and precise platforming, the Cyloop can waste enemies and gather rings, and if you nail over 20 spring tricks in a row you'll max out the lives counter (so, you know, lives aren't really a thing anymore). The idea was to streamline the entire experience and always provide the player as many traversal options as possible.

Moveset:
Boost...

Read more about this addon...

NormalGraham updated NeoStreak with a new update entry:

Clean up begins!

I got a lot of feedback saying Neo's moves would bleed over into other characters so I altered the LUA for a bunch of his abilities so they only apply to him. This way you won't have everyone getting the ability to boost or wall jump if you use him in multiplayer. Hit me back with feedback and let me know what I missed, I'll keep going til I get it right

Read the rest of this update entry...

NormalGraham updated NeoStreak with a new update entry:

The "No Longer Totally Ruins Multiplayer" update

With this update I have eliminated most of the biggest headaches players were having with NeoStreak, namely a number of his moves and animation tweaks that were bleeding over to other characters in multiplayer. With V4 the only major move he shares with other characters is the halfpipe utilities that allow characters to run up walls and onto ceilings. I'm still working on a way to completely fix this, but for the time being if you or your multiplayer partner find it too annoying you can...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@NormalGraham Okay I wish I didn't have to reply here but it's the only way I can. Your response was WAY too aggressive and almost made no sense halfway through like why did you start talking about CFS for no reason? That has nothing to do with this mod and you were shitting on it for no reason that was my first ever public character mod that had Lua I made it myself now I use to follow your youtube channel and I know this is not your first ever mod like CFS was mine so why do you feel the need to shit on my first mod because I simply said yours wasn't good? I never said your mod was absolute shit and didn't deserve to be on the platform and I didn't shit on it unnecessarily I feel the response you put like I said before was way too aggressive for no reason I wasn't trying to be aggressive in my review if I sounded like I was and I wasn't trying to shit on you
and you want me to give some advice to you to make your mod better the only advice I can give you is to try to be more original come up with your own ideas to make your mod shine from others and don't overwhelm the player with a shit ton of moves.

Sorry if you found it aggressive, but my complaint stands. I might not have contributed much original LUA but I had to beat half of those scripts into working order and you have literally no idea the complexity involved for someone who has no education in the subject. I'm not crawling on my hands and knees for advice to anyone so I teach myself lua using the wiki and chat gpt. The stomp alone took weeks of modification to get it to work with the rail grind and to not screw up in mace swings and dust devils. You just farted your little criticism out, and it pissed me off because I created NeoStreak specifically because I tried your character among several others and I DIDN'T LIKE IT. I didn't drop a negative review on your shit because I didn't feel like it. I made the character I wanted and that was that. I don't go around dropping negative reviews because I don't feel like anyone owes me anything. If I feel like something could be better I make it better myself. You didn't do that. You arrived where you are and you didn't look back to help me, you looked back to slap me down. You're entitled to no sympathy from me. Thanks for the "critique." I hope you enjoyed mine. Are we done now?

Edit: Lastly, you say I'm "overwhelming the player with moves." Bro, I could literally care less about this complaint. The character exists to maximize player options. I'm not stripping out moves because you don't think they're necessary. That is such a non-criticism, I don't even know where to begin. If you didn't think the layout made sense, like putting the rebound with the lightspeed dash or something, that would be one thing, but you didn't even articulate that. You're just being lazy, and I get so much of that it makes me just want to roll my eyes every time someone decides they're going to impress me with their opinion.

Last edited:
Alright we can be done with this but still, I'm not criticizing the mod just to do it I'm trying to give you advice on what to NOT do in srb2 mods
I'm being a lot more light than I could've been on criticizing your mod. If you need help you can always just message me sorry this was dragged out so far, I never meant to offend you in any way.

Buddy CRITICIZE AWAY, you can't hurt my feelings. Just do it in an articulate way and try to avoid telling me to be original because that complaint is the definition of laziness. I put this character together this way specifically for me, so I could play with it because I wanted it this way. I'm not trying to make my mod "shine" or dazzle anyone. I'm a grown man with way more on my mind than Sonic the Hedgehog. This clearly means a whole lot to you so use your words and let me know how you would improve the character, and how to do it, and then maybe just do it yourself.

Last edited:
Sorry if you found it aggressive, but my complaint stands. I might not have contributed much original LUA but I had to beat half of those scripts into working order and you have literally no idea the complexity involved for someone who has no education in the subject. I'm not crawling on my hands and knees for advice to anyone so I teach myself lua using the wiki and chat gpt. The stomp alone took weeks of modification to get it to work with the rail grind and to not screw up in mace swings and dust devils. You just farted your little criticism out, and it pissed me off because I created NeoStreak specifically because I tried your character among several others and I DIDN'T LIKE IT. I didn't drop a negative review on your shit because I didn't feel like it. I made the character I wanted and that was that. I don't go around dropping negative reviews because I don't feel like anyone owes me anything. If I feel like something could be better I make it better myself. You didn't do that. You arrived where you are and you didn't look back to help me, you looked back to slap me down. You're entitled to no sympathy from me. Thanks for the "critique." I hope you enjoyed mine. Are we done now?

Edit: Lastly, you say I'm "overwhelming the player with moves." Bro, I could literally care less about this complaint. The character exists to maximize player options. I'm not stripping out moves because you don't think they're necessary. That is such a non-criticism, I don't even know where to begin. If you didn't think the layout made sense, like putting the rebound with the lightspeed dash or something, that would be one thing, but you didn't even articulate that. You're just being lazy, and I get so much of that it makes me just want to roll my eyes every time someone decides they're going to impress me with their opinion.
..You're mad because... the code was good???? Of course you're not gonna understand it, you have no Lua experience; evident by the fact this mod has NO original content. It's just an amalgamation of several other mods. You are in NO position to complain about your own ineptitude.

..You're mad because... the code was good???

I'm sitting here scratching my head wondering what the hell you're talking about, honestly. Could you please explain in what sense I was ever mad that someone's code was good? Are you high?

Anyway, weird how my unoriginal mod is ratioing most of the content on this board, isn't it? And it's super weird that you'd complain about unoriginal content when you submitted my Hyper Metal Sonic mod as your own to this very message board with your only contribution being a color change and a useless HUD cosmetic. It's hilarious to me that your most successful mod is one you literally recycled, and from me no less. Yet here you are talking about originality. If you don't like my work maybe you should stop taking credit for it. Your opinion is less than worthless to me.

Last edited:
how do i use the 3d models?
Depends on what 3D models you plan to use. I recommend you use the MSONIC model from the Peppermint model pack: https://mb.srb2.org/addons/disconti...game-models.3648/updates#resource-update-5857

Download, unzip, then drop the folders into SRB2's model folder, then update the model.dat file to point to the new folder. When you're done there should be a line in the model.dat that looks something like this:

neostreak PEPPER/MSONIC 4.7 0.0

In that line, "neostreak" is the skin name, PEPPER/ is the folder, MSONIC.md3 is the name of the model and the 4.7 is its size. (The 0.0 refers to the offset, which you can ignore)

Does that help or do you need more info?

Depends on what 3D models you plan to use. I recommend you use the MSONIC model from the Peppermint model pack: https://mb.srb2.org/addons/disconti...game-models.3648/updates#resource-update-5857

Download, unzip, then drop the folders into SRB2's model folder, then update the model.dat file to point to the new folder. When you're done there should be a line in the model.dat that looks something like this:

neostreak PEPPER/MSONIC 4.7 0.0

In that line, "neostreak" is the skin name, PEPPER/ is the folder, MSONIC.md3 is the name of the model and the 4.7 is its size. (The 0.0 refers to the offset, which you can ignore)

Does that help or do you need more info?
thanks

Sorry for all the drama going on freind
Haha, it's no problem, I'm used to it at this point. I'm just sorry you didn't get to submit Hyper Metal to the board. Glad to hear from you, I haven't been on discord in forever because I always forget it's there

Haha, it's no problem, I'm used to it at this point. I'm just sorry you didn't get to submit Hyper Metal to the board. Glad to hear from you, I haven't been on discord in forever because I always forget it's there
We still have hyper metal v3 in our disposal