"Neon" the Hedgehog - Mod Development

LucasRPDJ

LucasRPDJ

Yo, I'm making my first character mod on SRB2 and I decided to do my "OC" as a start (or Sonic re-skin if you hate seing people considering recolors of Sonic as their OCs, but honestly I don't care ;) ).

His name is Neon the Hedgehog and it's the character portrayed as one of the clones of Sonic in my animated fanfic Team Sonic Adventures on YouTube.
His design here is an alternate form with cool powers, like a more overpowered variant of Sonic (higher speed/jump, a few more abilities, etc.)

With the help of someguythatlovessrb2 and Scarf the Wolf for coding, DoMikoto for testing and reviewing and Mikhael Blur for future purposes. We are looking for doing a whole character set with this form (Tails, Knuckles, and maybe more), and probably someday changing their design and/or creating a full level pack for these characters.
Image 2023 03 12 125238588

those are concept sprites above ^^

The idea is to upgrade the character's main skill set, like here for Sonic/Neon, his speed gets increased with a few twists. But all characters with this form will have common attributes, their power will be fueled with a kind of "electric, unknown energy" ( ? imagination!)

So yeah, the current version of Neon has a few abilities :

Dash Mode - a Basic Dash mode effect, the character starts sparkling and knocks ennemies on his way

DashMode
Knockout

you can remove player knocking by writing dashknocking off in the console

Super Thok - the thok has now a second jump use, quite powerful.

Super thok

[W.I.P.] Wall Run - Jump and hold the button on a wall, when the character starts sliding, release JUMP button and he will start running on it.

Wall run

Nuke - [40 RINGS REQUIRED] - if your situation is becoming dangerous, you can take the risk to blow yourself up to destroy ennemies around you, and lose all your rings.

Nuke

Imputs : CUSTOM 2 in mid-air

[W.I.P.] Impact Time - [Slow Timer thing charged to 1000] - No, it's not inspired from Jojo, I swear. Just pretend he runs at speed of light ;)

Note : on the current version, it's NOT RECOMMANDED to use it on Multiplayer, it may block all entities (except players) after effect (so it's actually like jojo)
Wall run

Imputs : CUSTOM 1

Overdrive - [70 RINGS REQUIRED] - this is the ability that will be used in future versions to transform your character into this form, All stats are increased and overpowered (super thok destroys ennemies around you for example), lasts until your rings are drained to 0

Super thok

Imputs : CUSTOM 3 in mid-air

Many things may change in future versions of the mod, the current version is 1.2

the super form is not finished yet.

Attachments

• Knockout.gif
    Knockout.gif
    7.1 MB · Views: 313
  • Impact_time.gif
    Impact_time.gif
    33.3 MB · Views: 218
Last edited by a moderator:
While this mod is still being in development, i see the potential, take your time to polish the weird things up!
The weird thing for me was:
Slow-mo as i don't really understand the purpose of it.

I'm glad to see that you finally updated this addon and with the things you have to do I hope you get way better as much as you are in the future both with this community and your channels :)

While this mod is still being in development, i see the potential, take your time to polish the weird things up!
The weird thing for me was:
Slow-mo as i don't really understand the purpose of it.
Thanks, and yeah it’s probably normal if you don’t understand the thing yet, it’s still experimental and some are just ideas, I’m not certain to keep the slow mode thing if it doesn’t bring any use to the mod