SRB2 1.09.5 Public Beta 3

CG64

CG64

SRB2 1.09.5 is a fork from an existing 1.09.4 custom build (SRB2-OLD) that aims to add some gameplay and QoL improvements and add new content.

SRB2 1.09.5 source code: It's here
SRB2-OLD source code: check it here

If you want to test, here's the latest public beta available:
Download public beta 3

if you want to check older public beta releases:
Public beta 2 bugfix patch
Public beta 2
Public beta 1

If you find bugs or have any suggestions, feel free to speak up.

Disclamer: Do not put 1.09.5 files in the 1.09.4 folder because some archives are modified! All 1.09.5 releases are full pack, not patches, so you don't need 1.09.4 to run the game.

Changelog (Public Beta 3, from April 2024):
  • The bug regarding spindash speed being slow is now fixed
  • Changed the name of gametypes "race" and "time-only race" to "competition" and "race" respectively
  • Replaced the 2.1 heap system to the PrBoom one.
  • Team Match mode was removed from the options because it needs some improvements since the original one is a hack that uses an old and scrapped console command called "teamplay"
  • Changed the maxsend's default value from 200KB to 32MB and its MAX value was changed from 51MB to 64MB
  • Netgame's bandwidth value was changed from 3KB/s to 64KB/s
  • Infinity Ring's countdown is now 30 seconds instead of 15 seconds because the original one was too short be well used in netgame
  • "Advance to next level" option was moved to Network Options and now it works with all gametypes, but not Coop
  • "Autoaim (P1)" and "Autoaim (P2)" options were removed from control options, because autoaim is unused
  • 1.09.4 2D physics were modified to be the same as 2.1
  • "Speeding off to level..." string was modified to be "Speeding off to MAPxx..." so you can see which number is the map you selected for any purposes
  • Sapphire Falls CTF was replaced by Hot Rock Zone because the original stage was just a poorly made CTF version of an existing Match map
  • Input delay from the third person camera in multiplayer was removed
  • Increased the knux's climbing z-speed from FRACUNIT/10 to FRACUNIT/8

Changelog (Public Beta 2, from December 2023):
  • Some of worst OpenGL bugs were fixed, meaning you can now play with that renderer
  • The default value of OpenGL rendering mode was changed from "Bilinear" to "Nearest"
  • Tails's run on water hability has been nerfed. He can only run in the water if he doesn't fall from a high place and he can't run on damageable water.
  • Knuckles gliding hability has been buffed for balancing reasons, since he looked more "weak" than Sonic and Tails
  • Some CTF stages were retextured and modified to be more original and less ugly (I'm planning to do the same thing with race maps soon)
  • "Intermission time" option was moved to Network options to be more accessible and "Allow autoaim" was removed since it was unused.
  • The game doesn't take your PC username in netgame anymore. The name default is "Sonic" now.
  • Added "Skill" option in "Switch Map" options to let you choose skill levels during netgame.
  • Added a few QoL improvements in CTF gamemode, such as flag countdown HUD, 3 sounds for when the flags return to base (1 for
  • your team, 1 for enemy team and 1 for spectators)
  • Since fmod.dll is not used by the game anymore other than crash it, it was removed from the folder.

Changelog (Public Beta 1, from November 2023):
  • Server is now able to change map during netgames by going multiplayer >> network options >> switch map
  • Tails is not too slow anymore and he can run in the water surface without needing speed shoes
  • Characters physics were modified so they can be controlled while in airborne
  • Clients can update their pseudo-random indexes received by server to avoid desynch (Needs more tests)

Last edited:
Ok, for december 2023, public beta 2 is now released!
If you find any bugs of have any suggestions, feel free to speak!
Enjoy, merry xmas and have a good 2024!

Screenshots and gifs:
Srb20000Srb20001Srb20002
Srb20000Srb20002Srb20003Srb20004Srb20006Srb20005

Last edited:
What does it add of new?

Ooh, new stages? Sounds like fun :>

part of me wonders if there'll be deep sea, mine maze, red volcano, rocky mountain, doom ship, and dark city or if they'll be original new stages for the campaign

Anyone wanting to host a server,i'm felling lonely lol :atas: (And idk how to host servers soo)

Nice one, thanks you dude for you amazing work

ok guys, I released a patch for Public Beta 2 to fix some netgame bugs. Enjoy!

Can you make a 2.2 port

Attachments

• Recorder_09112023_201940.mp4
    5.1 MB
A cool thing to add would be Zim and the other demo 3 characters as secrets

Sorry for not doing so much things for 1.09.5 since the last time I released the public beta 2, but you can test the public beta 3 now:

Wow, i thought you dropped this project and forgot about it

Sorry for not doing so much things for 1.09.5 since the last time I released the public beta 2, but you can test the public beta 3 now:
Cool. I played this version for a week now and I found some issues.
  • Game crashes sometimes when entering a level when using OpenGL, resulting in a sigsegv.
  • I was playing Mystic Realm in AGZ and an emblem I needed to get as Knuckes was almost impossible because I couldn't climb the wall and only the wall between an opening at the top let me climb for some reason as a glitch.
  • I get sigsegv whenever I press F9 to make a GIF.
  • Also, the character can't move in Adventure mode, in SA Example Zone, I can't move with any of the characters and I can only jump and use abilities.

Last edited: