*sigh* I'll expose the MB of toxic behavior in the future...

Should I expose the MB?

• Yes! I hate toxicity!

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • No! What about the mods, and other stuff? Where's that going?

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
pompom454

pompom454

Should I do it?

ok is there anything else you know the mb doing except being toxic? i mean sonic in general kinda is

Keep THE MODS! I mean, It is very Toxic, but what about those Mods? people actually did hard work on it and ur gonna throw that hard work away?! NO!!!

ok is there anything else you know the mb doing except being toxic? i mean sonic in general kinda is
A false warning here, another false warning here, and another one here. This shows that the MB staff don't care about our feelings or in general, life. A forum gets popularity, not because you made it and expect it to get views, but because the staff need to be welcoming, not harsh.

Keep THE MODS! I mean, It is very Toxic, but what about those Mods? people actually did hard work on it and ur gonna throw that hard work away?! NO!!!
Also, to keep it clear @lumy668 I am not trying to throw away the mods. In fact, we should plan on archiving them so then if it shuts down, we still have the mods in one place.

Am I the only one who thinks this post was created for trolling?

Am I the only one who thinks this post was created for trolling?
I am not planning to troll anyone, just that the MB is way more toxic than the WS. Anyway, I'm planning to post a Google Doc of all the MB's behavior. I'll need some time, though.

This worries me greatly. As a member of the MB myself, they can win plenty of arguments easily. You'll need to take a few precautions, but if the MB IS toxic enough at the point where it's too much, I'll help in any way I can.
1:You should make sure to have almost every possible counterargument. They will spend actual days trying to plan their next move. Trust me, I know from experience-
2:Find all possible evidence. Make sure to find the best first, as it makes it difficult to get back with solid evidence.
3:Make sure(And this is important) to have at least ONE mod on your side at all times. Once you're outnumbered, you'll be waiting quite a while before you can try again, as they'll bug you with it for MONTHS.
Again, I am unbiased, and ignore the toxicity at most times, but if need this should help. I wish you luck.

Greetings.

It seems that as much as I wanted to remain outside all of this & just exile myself from the community, I cannot escape this anymore.
So let me indulge you in a few details regarding my personal pursuit for closure regarding the MB.

This all started back when GoldenShine released his video detailing the history of SMS, including the history he had with Mystic's close circle. Ever since that day, the Sapheros incident & the sudden overthrowing of what the "New Guard" of MB called the "Old Guard", I've had a burning desire to seek investigation of all the other remaining close circles of MB.

This ultimately lead to my encounters with the "New Guard" once my distrust had finally blown over into desire for some payback as a result of learning about the screwing over of the russian sub-community a couple of months ago. I levied my demands against them over three different posts, including my findings that much of the distrust WS has was the end result of all the other scandals I listed as well as the unaccountability of these close circles when it came to handling responsibility. After I made my voice known, I finally gave them the ultimatum.

"Ban me here & now if you truly think you are the voice of this community." They didn't, and finally gave me the biggest reveal of them all.

Their justification. "We're just doing our jobs, that's all." Though they hold power, they're not the ones who call the shots, the close circles are, just as I predicted. Whatever close circles tell them, they will do.

The one outlier in the group was Tatsuru, who tried to play the "you're nothing"-card in my face. Perhaps he might be the one responsible for fanning the flames with the bannings of people associated with WS on MB. He's also from 2.1 era if I recall, and one of the many people whose allegiances I do not know. Only thing I know for sure, is that people who really think you're nothing will not proclaim so in your face, they usually try to silence you discretely instead.

Last edited:
The one outlier in the group was Tatsuru, who tried to play the "you're nothing"-card in my face. Perhaps he might be the one responsible for fanning the flames with the bannings of people associated with WS on MB. He's also from 2.1 era if I recall, and one of the many people whose allegiances I do not know. Only thing I know for sure, is that people who really think you're nothing will not proclaim so in your face, they usually try to silence you discretely instead.
I've been through it too. Dylan and Charyb tried it on me. I couldn't help but go out of my way to try and shut down that thread. Their poor staffing bugs me. So, they're goners by now. :ohnosilver:

I've been through it too. Dylan and Charyb tried it on me. I couldn't help but go out of my way to try and shut down that thread. Their poor staffing bugs me. So, they're goners by now. :ohnosilver:
That's a sign they're being cornered. Dylan himself has effectively ruined his chances of working with anyone outside the close circles of MB, his channel growth staying pretty much the same over the last months, and any of the moderators are effectively one MB close circle scandal away from having theirs ruined as well. They have also kicked out a lot of high-profile names including Dirk out of all people apparently while ticking off scores of older SRB2 community members including ME.

They have also kicked out a lot of high-profile names including Dirk out of all people apparently while ticking off scores of older SRB2 community members including ME.
Dirk's banning was understandable (unless he was just critiquing the quality of the DRRR art). But banning people for trying to do the right thing (or just being a part of the community in a good way) gives them this ugly look. If they're not capable of running this community, asking for advice is what they should've done a long time ago.

This is all from the MB's Discord server?
Jesus Christ this rabbit hole goes deeper than Deep Sea zone on a cold Monday night. ._.

"If they're not capable of running this community, asking for advice is what they should've done a long time ago."
I have a feeling they might need an entire rework of things with how tangled up they are if the MB's server is a huge fire right now. Advice is good and my God do they need a shipping crate's worth of advice.

Putting in an extra dime here; if some folk who are on the MB (or are just those that "just wanna grill for God's sake" and not necessarily on the MB) need another place to post their mods, there's here, GameBanana, SkyBase (potentially, but last time I checked there isn't much activity there.) and another idea:
Making your own site to post the mods. Whether it's Neocities, Wordpress, Google Sites, Wix, whatever it may be, and looking into something like FileGarden or MediaFire and Google Drive. That's what I do and I have FileGarden links set up on my own SRB2 repo so that they just click on the text and they'll download the mod, alongside being on GameBanana and the Workshop. It doesn't have to be on the Message Boards to be considered "quality" if at the end of the day we're all just making mods and seeing what people make.

Realistically speaking there's nothing that's stopping anyone from detaching themselves from one group and finding another, or setting up their own place for themselves. If they don't like what some people are making with this game, then maybe they shouldn't have a hedgehog running around an expanded DOOM environment.

Let me know if I'm missing some points here.

Last edited:
No, I think the points you made are quite apt in this situation. Decentralization will make things less organized, but will also help avoid situations like these, in fact this is exactly what the Sonic hacking communities tend to do.

Me? I'm considering my options, and one of the more inviting ones is to enter Sonic Hacking Contest with what mods I have made, as the people running it seem to be a neutral party. Perhaps that will put a little perk in everyone's step... usually shining a spotlight onto a community is enough to make them play nice to at least maintain their public image when they have to compete with other communities for people's attention.

Their justification. "We're just doing our jobs, that's all." Though they hold power, they're not the ones who call the shots, the close circles are, just as I predicted. Whatever close circles tell them, they will do.
I would also like to note this post by Inazuma. The lies... oh I wish they were positive...

"The current team is full of very positive and great people!"
Aged like milk. :1983:

Though to play devil's advocate here I do think there are some people who are unfortunately caught in the line of fire during all this. Some folk just wanna grill in peace.

I would also like to note this post by Inazuma. The lies... oh I wish they were positive...
Or this could just be chalked up to him being more naive back in the day, especially considering the context he's saying it in. These people ultimately really wanted Mystic out, Mystic's troupe screwed over a lot of people as well back in the day. I wanted him gone as well after I heard what he did to GoldenShine & Glaber.

But the problem with that is, they kicked out the people who were considered closest to a community leader, and had nothing but loose promises of collaboration between the close circles to replace it with. We can learn through observing & analyzing how the scandals of other creative communities similar to MB like FNF happened to realize that these types of artist-author oriented communities tend to be very volatile due to their participants usually having ulterior motives & visions that conflict with one another, something that is supposed to be reigned in by a community leader.

Like I previously mentioned, people like Charyb, Sev or Frost are not the types who lead, they seem like the ones looking for someone they follow. The only desire that connected them back then was getting Mystic out and convicting Sapheros, now that they don't have that they are effectively tools for other people more extreme in views than them to use.

And in the case of Dirk, the close circles likely decided he became a liability to the artist-author community. A community leader would have done anything to keep such a high-profile creator in, resolved the situation and helped Dirk in any possible scenario outside one requiring criminal proceedings. Sure, Dirk would have had to suffer some sort of punitive measure, but things wouldn't have escalated.

Now unfortunately, I seem to be in a position where I will inevitably have to take the responsibilities of a community leader without the privileges that come with it, something I don't really want but feel like I have to do. The last time I left a community without doing anything, it fell apart. But first, I need to prioritize improving further & making connections. And most importantly, I need to find a way to reign in my own paranoia for all of your sake.

In the meanwhile, WS should take my advice and lay low for a while. Helping out people like LucasRPDJ was a great move, because people like him have a lot of friends, one of the people he occasionally collabed with was none other than Patafoin. We make connections, and through that WS we'll be seen as a legitimate alternative. I found out that there is another big name looking to enter SRB2, maybe that can be an opportunity as well? Other than that, patience is a virtue. You don't a build a community in a day, even MB had to start from nothing.

This will likely be my final input regarding this. You should of course make sure to jot down the issues MB's trying to cause people, but don't be in such a haste to unload it publicly. This should be reserved as more of a contingency plan, as if my hunch is correct, the tensions building within MB should keep them occupied anyway.

i mean, talented they are, ill give you that, hes not lying about what theyre capable of. Even i myself i feel dumbfounded, and feel like a fucking useless piece of shit comparing myself with them, i can do very little compared to what they can, in terms of doing content for the game.

Im either a nobody, and just a rookie on what i do, because compared to them all my works and stuff are just so lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.