LiquidMS

LiquidMS 1.1.0

sniperwolf

sniperwolf

The Liquid Underground submitted a new addon:

LiquidMS - Federated Custom Master Server

To congratulate the launch of SRB2 Workshop, I thought I'd use the opportunity to share my personal contribution to the Liquid Underground in hopes that the Workshop community may find it useful:
View attachment 211

LiquidMS is a reverse-engineered implementation of Sonic Robo Blast 2's HTTP Master Server. It has been developed from the ground up around modularity and decentralization. Some of it's...

Read more about this addon...

Last edited:
I attempted using this in place of the master server with the URL , but it brought up this timeout error in the console:

HMS: connecting 'http://liquidms.duckdns.org/v1/versions/18'...
Binding to 0.0.0.0
Network system buffer: 64Kb
ERROR: There was a problem contacting the master server...
From curl_easy_perform: Timeout was reached

I also got the following error instead the second time I tried, then all subsequent attempts alternated between the two errors:

HMS: connecting 'http://liquidms.duckdns.org/v1/rooms'...
ERROR: There was a problem contacting the master server...
From curl_easy_perform: Timeout was reached

If it helps, I'm using Uncapped Plus, which I downloaded from Dropbox here.

Actually, it seems I was able to fix it by adding :8080 to the URL after .org ( ), so now I was able to see the rooms, but there are no servers. If I go to the LiquidMS page in a browser, it does say there are no servers available, so I'm assuming this isn't a problem with my game, but the truth.

Actually, it seems I was able to fix it by adding :8080 to the URL after .org ( ), so now I was able to see the rooms, but there are no servers. If I go to the LiquidMS page in a browser, it does say there are no servers available, so I'm assuming this isn't a problem with my game, but the truth.
That is correct. Currently, the integrated server browsers don't relay the server's HTTP port within their links due to a bug. This is usually unnoticeable for servers using the HTTP standard port 80, however this node relies on port 8080, which isn't considered.

As for the lack of content, this is because this particular node is currently not being supplied with mirrored data due to a hosting issue. Liquid Underground is currently looking to fix this, this can however currently be mitigated by running the fetch scripts locally on-demand and providing the fetched data towards your desired node (a process we internally refer to as snitching), no port forwarding required. You can find more information on how to do this within the following pieces of documentation:

That is correct. Currently, the integrated server browsers don't relay the server's HTTP port within their links due to a bug. This is usually unnoticeable for servers using the HTTP standard port 80, however this node relies on port 8080, which isn't considered.

As for the lack of content, this is because this particular node is currently not being supplied with mirrored data due to a hosting issue. Liquid Underground is currently looking to fix this, this can however currently be mitigated by running the fetch scripts locally on-demand and providing the fetched data towards your desired node (a process we internally refer to as snitching), no port forwarding required. You can find more information on how to do this within the following pieces of documentation:

Interesting, I'll have to try this when I have the time.

UPDATE: The default server browsers have now been upgraded to list the URL featuring the correct port, should a non-standard port be given. This update has been included within the "dev" branch of LiquidMS and is slated to be merged into the next release of LiquidMS. Availability of this bugfix will depend on your preferred host's rollout policy.

Is it possible to have LiquidMS without having to compile it?

Is it possible to have LiquidMS without having to compile it?
LiquidMS is based on PHP, which is an interpreted language. There is nothing to compile about LiquidMS itself. The repository supplies an exemplatory Docker Compose network configuration to showcase how one could set up a basic LiquidMS environment. As this configuration is still somewhat dependent on how you wish to configure your server, supplying pre-built Docker images of these is not really sensibe, especially since you may want to run a highly customized setup anyway.

In general, LiquidMS should run on anything that has a PHP server, a (MySQL/MariaDB) database and an ODBC connector available)

I have a question: why has my antivirus detected this in the download?
Hm