How safe to host are the BSS mods?

Soniku11

Soniku11

So, ive having this doubt since long ago, and i never took the risk because i always had been to afraid for it, considering how controversial the Workshop has always been in terms of the Srb2 community as a whole, because portlegs and all the shit that happened in between.

Knowing that we have BBS (Blue-Sphere Section), and RSS (Red-Sphere Section).
How safe to host are the mods from the Blue-Sphere section? i mean, i do know that the RSS are quite illegal, because obvious reasons, they all are straight up portlegs, even if they are made with good intents, because the love for the content. Im not that dumb.

But my doubt, its that, considering that BSS are the "normal", and also having in mind the controversy involving the whole WS itself, would it be safe to take mods from the Blue-Sphere section, and host with them right away?

You can host any mod that doesn't break MS rules. Since blue sphere section follows MB rules, you can host any mod from it.

You can host any mod that doesn't break MS rules. Since blue sphere section follows MB rules, you can host any mod from it.
i had the doubt mostly because how highly infamous the WS is among the Srb2 community, even the newbies that had recently joined the community, which havent read throught out the whole history around the debates and drama between MB and WS

i had the doubt mostly because how highly infamous the WS is among the Srb2 community, even the newbies that had recently joined the community, which havent read throught out the whole history around the debates and drama between MB and WS
Devs has said you can host any mod that didn't come from MB if it doesn't break MS rules, don't worry.

Devs has said you can host any mod that didn't come from MB if it doesn't break MS rules, don't worry.
Lets be honest, anything that has the WS as part of the conversation, will always either rise some eyebrows, or at least make you be more carefull on watcha do, thats why i preffered to ask, even if the question itself was pretty dumb and obvious.

Its wiser to ask anyways, in case of doubt.

All addons in BSS, comply with Message board and Master server rules. Shadow Plus is a patch that modifies the original file and it is mandatory to download the original file from the MB to create the modified file. The moderators on MB will not ban you if you keep this modified file to yourself and do not host. Other addons are safe to host.