Fyrid's XCell

Fyrid's XCell v1.2

FyriDev

FyriDev

FyriDev submitted a new addon:

Fyrid's XCell - xcellerating right now

Welcome to the XCell!

I've taken the opportunity to remake this mod (Fyromentum) from the ground up, some new abilities and remade visuals.

"xcellcommands" - Gives a list of available commands
"abilitytoggle" - Toggle certain player abilities on or off
"springflips" - Turn on or off flipping on springs and being cool
"boostmechanic" - Disables the boost mechanic and removes the bar from the HUD
"xcellhud" - Disables the...

Read more about this addon...

This pairs excellently with loading Kart's maps. I used to use XMomentum and MCSonic for that, but using this alone works way nicer. Good stuff!

Srb20044

not sure if this is just me due to the fact i have another mod loaded (the character you see right there, and thats it)
but the life text is off, and it always moved around when switching to different resolutions, so maybe fix the hud for more resolutions in the future, wether it be by the video flag "V_SNAPTORIGHT" or something, doesnt matter, just whatever gets the job done

other than that good mod, very fast

View attachment 2941
not sure if this is just me due to the fact i have another mod loaded (the character you see right there, and thats it)
but the life text is off, and it always moved around when switching to different resolutions, so maybe fix the hud for more resolutions in the future, wether it be by the video flag "V_SNAPTORIGHT" or something, doesnt matter, just whatever gets the job done

other than that good mod, very fast
i probably forgot some flags for the text, ill fix it soon

Okay, since reviews are disabled, I'll post a comment.

- I think the abilities don't have much synergy with the core mechanic of the boost meter. People make Pizza Tower SRB2 mods all the time for a reason, the abilities suit the core acceleration mechanics and make it fun to try to maintain through tight obstacles which SRB2 definitely has.
- The meter's sprites could use a little polish (I'd be happy to offer some assistance with that) but the layout is really good and a great starting point imho
- Characters are missing SOC_PLAYs to describe their abilities. If I picked this up on a netgame, how would I know what to do once loading it in singleplayer? How am I supposed to just know that Sonic has a drop dash, or anything of that manner?
- Boost is too easy to gain, and spin control is too intense, giving the impression this really was just designed for "boosting like a maniac" in SRB2Thicc, which, granted, I don't think that's a bad thing, but I think it could feel more substantial to play. Unless I'm missing the point and spinning is now a drift? It does work quite nicely as that, but then it breaks synergy with the drop dash.
- Boost feels great to have, though! That's the biggest thing, the boost is just a really nice dashmode implementation, and makes me wish the rest of the mod was made to suit it.

Just to suggest how to improve upon it because I know I was pretty vague
Perhaps a fastfall button, harsher boost gaining mechanics, replace the drop dash with some sort of aerial drift? I mean, thok already exists, drop dash doesn't have a purpose in this design space

Okay, since reviews are disabled, I'll post a comment.

- I think the abilities don't have much synergy with the core mechanic of the boost meter. People make Pizza Tower SRB2 mods all the time for a reason, the abilities suit the core acceleration mechanics and make it fun to try to maintain through tight obstacles which SRB2 definitely has.
- The meter's sprites could use a little polish (I'd be happy to offer some assistance with that) but the layout is really good and a great starting point imho
- Characters are missing SOC_PLAYs to describe their abilities. If I picked this up on a netgame, how would I know what to do once loading it in singleplayer? How am I supposed to just know that Sonic has a drop dash, or anything of that manner?
- Boost is too easy to gain, and spin control is too intense, giving the impression this really was just designed for "boosting like a maniac" in SRB2Thicc, which, granted, I don't think that's a bad thing, but I think it could feel more substantial to play. Unless I'm missing the point and spinning is now a drift? It does work quite nicely as that, but then it breaks synergy with the drop dash.
- Boost feels great to have, though! That's the biggest thing, the boost is just a really nice dashmode implementation, and makes me wish the rest of the mod was made to suit it.

Just to suggest how to improve upon it because I know I was pretty vague
Perhaps a fastfall button, harsher boost gaining mechanics, replace the drop dash with some sort of aerial drift? I mean, thok already exists, drop dash doesn't have a purpose in this design space
i think i see what you mean
i could work something out from the suggestions you’ve given

FyriDev updated Fyrid's XCell with a new update entry:

v1.1 - dont know what to name this one

Changelog:
- Replaced the Dropdash with a new ability; The Agility Thok
- New SOCs for Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles that better explain their abilities
- Boost is now harder to gain and easier to maintain
- Save system has been remade to be simpler
- In NIGHTS, you can hold C1 to charge a sort of spindash. (It can be spammed)
- added a kinda funny death effect (can be turned on with the "deatheffect" command)
- Fixed dash trails for characters with tracers (e.g. Tails' Tails)

Read the rest of this update entry...

air drill?!?!?!?
that's so cool actually
really love this update!!
the new oppositecolor for sonic really works, too

v1.2 - Menus+

v1.2 Changelog:

- Added a fully fleshed out menu
- You can now change Tails' super color
- Files now get remade when theres a major update
- Sonic's Peelout no longer lets you infinitely gain boost
- Sonic's Peelout state now requires more speed to show
- File creating is more dynamic
- Sonic's air drill has effects with some shields (Bubble and Armageddon)

Update on XCell v1.3

Gonna be real, my short SRB2 phase is kinda coming to an end. I can’t really promise that I’m gonna get this update out at all, but I’m definitely gonna attempt to do so.

I’ve been working on a lot of other things, XCell is more of a side project and I don’t really have much time to work on it, later on though I could take a crack at it. Have this probably scrapped sprite because I’m not very proud of it. (and i should probably show something after a while of not giving anything)
[ATTACH...

This mod is great! Nice work on this, got me feeling like Modern Sonic, and.. momentum. Everyone's favorite word. But I think this mod is.. again, good, and I found myself triple-jumping through Deep Sea Zone, and it felt nice!