Debate about new Reusability rules

Soniku11

Soniku11

So, after the new rules about the reusability system works in Srb2 had been dropped, the message was so long, with so many topics being touched, that one can only sit and wonder, how would this actually work in the future? or how would it affect the community in the long and short run.

Theres something i cannot understand, as the text wasnt clear enough with so much information regarding the post.
As far as i understood it, in my own personal opinion, and that im still not sure if it would be this way, is something like this:

"Now, all ports of old or broken mods, are only acceptable under these new rules, IF it meets 2 requirements;

1. First being just a fix, or adaptation for newer versions, without adding new content, just adapting the existing actions and scripts for them to work or show on the latest version. Like for example, the number for an action that creates a block of water uses another number, and when opening it on the modern version, theres something else instead.

2. Second, it has to obligatorily include "(your name)port" at the end of the name, right before the mod extension, like this "Soniku11-CoopGlaberPort.pk3" for example, where the name of the original mod would look like "Soniku11-Coop.pk3"."

I would be hearing all your thoughts and spark friedly debate about the true meaning and all they tried to do with these new rules.
Let me remind you, that this is but my own personal opinion, so do not take this seriously.