What would YOU like to see as a mod?

WhiteFelineWonder

WhiteFelineWonder

This also doubles as an Open Concept thread, meaning anybody can post ideas that sound good (even if they're not that good) or at the very least, playable, for SRB2, & anybody can pick these ideas up and kindle something new.

To start, I know I have a thread talking about SRB2 without Sonic, and that includes me talking about Tux the penguin and Surge the rabbit. If you want to see what I've talked about them you can do so here: https://srb2workshop.org/threads/srb2-without-sonic.481/
Now let's get into it!

Characters:
Ashura: While there are a few mods out there that bring Ashura into play in some capacity, I have a different idea in mind.
Abilities:
- Hi-Thok - Pressing JUMP will shoot him high into the air, great for scaling large walls or tall levels. However, you lose all your speed when you thok upwards.
- Buffed Spindash - It's your ordinary spindash, but takes longer to charge up. But once it's fully charged it'll send you flying!
- Running on water - Useful for those that don't want to deal with water gauntlets.
- Custom color: Intrusion. The simple black and green with two or so values saved for a nice and sharp blue. Alternatively, the Ashura palette in my color pack can be used.
With the way I'm seeing it, Ashura would have a different style so that his palette not only shows his glitchy colors, but also blends in perfectly with the regular SRB2 colors.
SM64 Mario (aka Pure64 Mario):
Based on the LibSM64 project, bringing the polygonal wonder that is Mario into SRB2! Moveset would be 1:1 with SM64, with accomodations for the different caps as seen in the LibSM64 Sonic Generations mod.
Thokker Sonic: This one is a joke character, with absurdly powered abilities.
- Absurd Thok: If JUMP is pressed, you'll thok like a TNT barrel. If SPIN is pressed, you instantly spindash (unless you're alrrady moving and you press that, otherwise you'll just roll like normal.)
- Explode: If one of the three CUSTOM buttons is pressed, you'll explode and lose a life.
- Yell: If a CUSTOM button is pressed, you'll scream. And it's loud. If it's pressed AND held down, you'll scream as long as that button is pressed down. If you hold down this and explode, you'll not only explode but the scream is even more obnoxious.
Bouncy Ball:
- It never stops bouncing up and down, can you bounce your way to victory?
- Dynamite Anton: Eggman's stolen your drinks, TIME TO BLOW HIS PLANS UP (and make it back for Happy Hour!)! (also cuz i feel like having another tails isn't doing it justice)
- Tals: Infinite flight to pair up with flouncing. That's all I gotta say.
- Infinite: Breaking reality with the power of the Phantom Ruby sounds like fun :>
- OVA Tails: because yes, but also he could hack enemies and control them with the device that Robotnik gave to him in the movie.
- OVA Knuckles: Because slapping a cowboy hat onto 2.1 Knuckles doesn't count as OVA Knuckles (IMO), and it only seems fair to have the trio.
- spunch bop: A joke character that only says "spunch bop" based on those Spunch Bop compilations.
* sans. - THE FUNNY BONE MAN-
- Freedoom Marine: A reskin mod for Doomguy, replacing all the DOOM content with Freedoom stuff.

Stages:
- Springring Panic Zone: A stage inspired by Spring Stadium from Sonic 3D Blast, where you need to get to the end while avoiding yellow and red springs, as well as bumpers. At the end of the stage as an optional bonus, you fight the Egg Bopper, who is surrounded by bumpers (much like Final Demo CEZ Eggman) and you need to hit him on the top as he shoots lasers and tries to ram into you.
- Diorama Hall Zone: A simple showcase stage to just show off different ideas for mods and how they would work. Essentially a testing stage.
- Groovy Manor Zone: A spooky castle on the outside, but a funky disco palace on the inside! Players would have to make their way to the top of the stage as they put up with the livelihood of the castle.
- Tuxarctic Zone: Based on the Super Tux theme of Antarctica and all that is frozen. Very slippery, with water that drains your rings and can freeze you if you're not careful. As a bonus, rings are replaced with fish!
- Boxhop Zone: A stage centered around escaping a giant box that you've been shrunken down into before it gets shipped off to whatever location it has to go to. Timer would be a generous 7 minutes.
- Kart Pack: Bringing the maps from SRB2 Kart into regular SRB2 CUZ WE WERE ROBBED EVER SINCE 2.1-

Assets:
- Super Spring: 2x stronger than the red spring!
- Hanggliders: Simple contraptions to glide across large gaps in stages!
- Boxing Glove: If you're too close, you'll be yeeted back from the sudden attack from the boxing glove. Classic slapstick gag.
- F-OFF: Simple LUA script that tells whoever is in front of them to buzz off. Could have knockback applied to it.
- Tripping over: An annoying gimmick where if you go to fast or change directions too fast, you might trip over and be stunned for a bit. Useful for pranking.
- Sandbag: Will drop some goodies for you if you bash it enough! Directly from Super Smash Bros.
- Satan's Choice: Directly from Pizza Tower, you can perform all the moves tied to the pepper pizza, plus you can instantly bop open a Badnik if you run into one and break spikes. If you need to cool off, just find a cow.
- Realistic Deaths: You can bleed out from jumping into spikes, get blown into pieces from a laser, make a mess when you get crushed, explode when you have no air in space, lifelessly float to the top if you drown, get burned alive by fire or lava, limp over and fall to the ground by Fang's pop gun, and no amount of rings can save you! As a bonus, Crawlas can shoot little bullets. Inspired by the way DOOM's gibbing system works. Perfect for those that want SRB2 to be a little sinister like its origins; DOOM.
- Reverse-o-mentum: A joke LUA script that sends you the opposite direction when encountering a slope.

Now it's your turn! What would you like to see as a mod? Or if you have any ideas for mods, list them here too!

Last edited:
i'd love to see any mega man that isnt classic (Battle Network and X mostly)
and also a kirby mod (and i mean one based off of Super Star and Super Star Ultra, not kirby's adventure)

Eileen, from Ren'Py.

i have an idea? legendary badniks: complex srb2
Screenshot 2024 04 14 163327

AMETHYST FROM STEVEN UNIVERSE MAYBe
also you can have these

ROUGE
OMEGA

CREAM