A little recommendation to add into policy regarding the re-usability problem.

Sasaki

Sasaki

Greetings.

I thought that I would post some recommendations regarding this issue. I will be brief regarding this.

In a recent post on MB, I laid out my opinion on this matter on concise manner.

"If the author has no plans of supporting a particular work, then they have no right to hoard the intellectual property associated with it. If you want the protections, you should show active intentions of doing something with said intellectual property you hold on to."

Perhaps this idea could be implemented into your policies regarding portlegs & re-usability policies in order to further improve your reputation in the court of public opinion as well as ensure that the people criticizing the WS would have less ground to stand on. This would also give the MB a signal to start porting the 2.0 & 2.1 content that is currently the prime cause of unrest in the SRB2 community to 2.2 if they wish to not have creators on WS porting it themselves.

knowing how the MB handles the creation of content, theres very low, second to none chances for that to happen, due to their nature of defending the copyrights of the mod in question, even if youre not gonna do anything with it, because its your work.

knowing how the MB handles the creation of content, theres very low, second to none chances for that to happen, due to their nature of defending the copyrights of the mod in question, even if youre not gonna do anything with it, because its your work.
I can see that becoming hilarious once I finally release the final versions of my two mods as re-usable on WS. Especially since MB's only going to have the non-reusable versions.

Taking credibility off their accusations is still a win in my book.

I can see that becoming hilarious once I finally release the final versions of my two mods as re-usable on WS. Especially since MB's only going to have the non-reusable versions.

Taking credibility off their accusations is still a win in my book.
Still as said, knowing them, they will always keep that line of logic of always protecting the original creation, without the fear of something modifying it and taking all the credit for it, making your time have worth nothing in the end.

And its understandeable why theyre overzealous about the rights of your own modifications for the game, theyre your own original content in the end, youre on your right to protect it from possible theft, or similar.

Still as said, knowing them, they will always keep that line of logic of always protecting the original creation, without the fear of something modifying it and taking all the credit for it, making your time have worth nothing in the end.

And its understandeable why theyre overzealous about the rights of your own modifications for the game, theyre your own original content in the end, youre on your right to protect it from possible theft, or similar.
That means they'll inevitably have to protect every WS member that uses my work too because it won't be re-usable over there. Nice.

Last edited:
Greetings.

I thought that I would post some recommendations regarding this issue. I will be brief regarding this.

In a recent post on MB, I laid out my opinion on this matter on concise manner.

"If the author has no plans of supporting a particular work, then they have no right to hoard the intellectual property associated with it. If you want the protections, you should show active intentions of doing something with said intellectual property you hold on to."

Perhaps this idea could be implemented into your policies regarding portlegs & re-usability policies in order to further improve your reputation in the court of public opinion as well as ensure that the people criticizing the WS would have less ground to stand on. This would also give the MB a signal to start porting the 2.0 & 2.1 content that is currently the prime cause of unrest in the SRB2 community to 2.2 if they wish to not have creators on WS porting it themselves.
So a quick little thing.
IT'S THEIR WORK, MATE.
If they choose to discontinue it, they can discontinue it. Just because people want to edit it doesn't mean they should IMMEDIATELY get to do so. If the creator CHOSE to let them, then it's fine. If not, respect their wishes. Would you want someone messing with your stuff because, "Oh, you're not adding anything anymore, I can do WHATEVER I want with it."? No, I think not. And even if you do, some people don't. Not to mention, if they didn't make the mod, no one wouldn't be able to edit dog shit in the first place, so they should THANK THEM if they let them edit something.
That means they'll inevitably have to protect every WS member that uses my work too because it won't be re-usable over there. Nice.
And while this IS true, anyone with an alt here could show what is going on here, and could show the MB what the WS is, cause they're getting stricter on using work from other people, and while it would still be a win in YOUR book, it isn't in mine, as while you wouldn't suffer, others would. The only thing that would help your case here would be if they allowed it, due to the fact this is a separate workspace. So it's all on the dice for this one, so you're technically right.

Would you want someone messing with your stuff because, "Oh, you're not adding anything anymore, I can do WHATEVER I want with it."?
It doesn't matter what I think about it. If I fail to support my own work and leave people waiting for updates for who knows how long, I reap the consequences of that. For that end, I intend to have the community carry the torch once the time comes that I won't be around anymore.

Just like how piracy is defeated by providing a better service, you as an author have a responsibility to treat your follower base well and transparently. Yet so many authors think they can just skip that part of the process and still have people respect their work. Respect needs to be earned, it's not something you are entitled to just because you exist.
And while this IS true, anyone with an alt here could show what is going on here, and could show the MB what the WS is, cause they're getting stricter on using work from other people, and while it would still be a win in YOUR book, it isn't in mine, as while you wouldn't suffer, others would. The only thing that would help your case here would be if they allowed it, due to the fact this is a separate workspace. So it's all on the dice for this one, so you're technically right.
Oh, so kinda how you've been trying to provoke people on MB too for some reason using your MB account? Sure, it will screw over the less established creators the most, but that's what you get when you throw fuel to the fire.

So while I try to find a way to sort that problem out, try not to fuel that fire? The first impression I get from you is that you are a loose cannon to both MB AND this place.

It doesn't matter what I think about it. If I fail to support my own work and leave people waiting for updates for who knows how long, I reap the consequences of that. For that end, I intend to have the community carry the torch once the time comes that I won't be around anymore.

Just like how piracy is defeated by providing a better service, you as an author have a responsibility to treat your follower base well and transparently. Yet so many authors think they can just skip that part of the process and still have people respect their work. Respect needs to be earned, it's not something you are entitled to just because you exist.

Oh, so kinda how you've been trying to provoke people on MB too for some reason using your MB account? Sure, it will screw over the less established creators the most, but that's what you get when you throw fuel to the fire.

So while I try to find a way to sort that problem out, try not to fuel that fire? The first impression I get from you is that you are a loose cannon to both MB AND this place.
I'd like proof to show how I am possibly provoking people on the MB if I am OH SO provoking them.
And I didn't say they got the respect because they existed. I said it's because they made what you want to port. If not for them, the mod may not even EXIST.

Last edited:
Here's the proof of the thread you tried to start. And while it could be argued that what you tried to do with this was good-intentioned, these kinds of topics seem to spiral into chaos every time someone tries to discuss this publicly on the forums.

And I didn't say they got the respect because they existed. I said it's because they made what you want to port. If not for them, the mod may not even EXIST.

You still assume that I would have something to do with the portleg business going on, and dragging me into whatever beef you guys have by doing so. This is the precise reason why I am looking for a neutral party to do the hosting for me now, because if I can't find a way to make this work, you will just become another liability to me.

I'm already having a handful with all the other stuff plus the mod projects I need to work on, I don't need you adding another stress factor on top of it and potentially jeopardizing my RL business by doing so.

Here's the proof of the thread you tried to start. And while it could be argued that what you tried to do with this was good-intentioned, these kinds of topics seem to spiral into chaos every time someone tries to discuss this publicly on the forums.

You still assume that I would have something to do with the portleg business going on, and dragging me into whatever beef you guys have by doing so. This is the precise reason why I am looking for a neutral party to do the hosting for me now, because if I can't find a way to make this work, you will just become another liability to me.

I'm already having a handful with all the other stuff plus the mod projects I need to work on, I don't need you adding another stress factor on top of it and potentially jeopardizing my RL business by doing so.
Okay, so what I did was good intentioned in the fact I didn't know about the other thread, but your other point, I can understand. I hope your mod goes well, and that fortune comes to you and your loved ones.
FOr a neutral party, I'd recommend GameBanana!

Last edited: